AIRCO FASTENERS MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY
Airco Fasteners Pty Ltd (Airco) provide the following warranty in relation to any Airco, COLT & SENCO tool or compressor product (and any accessory supplied with it) that has been purchased in Australia or New Zealand from Authorised Retailers or directly from Airco.
The period of the warranty will commence from the date of purchase of the product.
1. THIS WARRANTY:
The benefits provided to the consumer in this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of a consumer under the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Australian Consumer Law), the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and any other laws in relation to the products to which this warranty relates. This warranty:
- covers the product against manufacturing defects in materials or workmanship; and
- covers the replacement of parts, the repair labour used, a refund of the price of the product or other compensation for the remainder of the warranty period.
This Airco, COLT & SENCO product warranty is only applicable to purchases from Authorised Retailers or directly from Airco.
The Manufacturer's product Warranty:
- is not valid for any products purchased on Amazon, eBay and any other non-authorised websites;
- is only applicable to products purchased from Authorised Retailers in Australia or New Zealand; and
- is in addition to your consumer guarantee rights under the Australian Consumer Law or the New Zealand Consumer Laws, as applicable.
2. CONSUMER GUARANTEES
This warranty is in addition to your consumer guarantees.
For products sold in Australia, this warranty is subject to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010. For products sold in New Zealand, this warranty is subject to the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
3. HAZARDOUS MATERIAL:
Customers are responsible for the care and cleaning of their product prior to sending it to our Tool Service Agent. Any product being sent to us must be cleaned.
It is an Occupational/Work Health and Safety risk for our staff to inspect, repair or service a product that has come into contact with a hazardous substance. If we are asked to inspect, repair or service a product that has come into contact with a hazardous substance such as asbestos or silica dust (in our opinion) we may not be able to inspect, service or repair the product. If this is the case, we will inform the Customer and the product will be returned to the Customer.
Airco reserves the right to refuse to inspect, repair or service a product which, in our opinion, has been exposed to a hazardous substance such as asbestos or silica dust.
4. THIS WARRANTY WILL NOT APPLY IF:
- the product fault, failure or damage is caused as a direct result of any repairs to the product which are made or attempted by a service provider other than Airco, or an Authorised service agent;
- the product fault, failure or damage is due to normal wear and tear. Parts including, but not limited to brushes, bearings, driver blades, seals and O-rings must be regularly inspected so that the wear and tear on such parts do not lead to failure of the tool. For optimum performance the tool should be inspected regularly by Airco, or an Authorised service agent;
- the product has not been used or maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions as provided with the product;
- the consumer uses the product in an abnormal manner; for example, if the product is abused, misused, dropped, crushed, impacted with any hard surface, exposed to extreme heat (including fire) or cold, not maintained properly, or used after partial failure;
- damage to the product is caused by sand, water damage, rust corrosion, fire, vermin and/or insect infestation, power outages or surges, or inadequate or improper voltage or current;
- the product has been modified, incorrectly adjusted or operated, subjected to incorrect electrical supply or inconsistent electrical supply, or used with inappropriate fasteners or accessories;
- the product is tampered with in any way, or if the damage has been caused by an extraordinary event or circumstance beyond the control of the consumer or Airco Fasteners Pty Ltd; or
- the product’s serial number, as applied by the manufacturer, has been altered or removed from the product.
5. EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES:
To the full extent permitted by law, all warranties, conditions and other terms express or implied by statute, custom or common law are excluded. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions excludes or restricts any consumer guarantee, warranty, condition, right or remedy implied by any statute (including the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993) which cannot be excluded.
6. LIMITATION OF WARRANTY:
A product presented for repair at the discretion of Airco may be replaced by a refurbished product of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the product.
The product covered by this warranty will be repaired, during normal business hours, at the premises of Airco or an Authorised service agent without cost to the consumer for parts and repair labour.
The consumer is responsible for freight costs and insurance costs if the product has to be returned for repair / inspection to Airco or an Authorised service agent.
7. TO CLAIM THIS WARRANTY:
The consumer must present the sales docket receipt as proof of purchase, and the product, to point of sale, or Airco or an Authorised service agent.
For Service in Australia the consumer should refer to the Airco website or contact the Australian Customer Support line 1300 365 800 to locate the nearest Authorised service agent.
For Service in New Zealand the consumer should contact Airco Ltd via email on email@example.com to locate the nearest Authorised service agent.
8. WARRANTY PERIOD
The Schedule table below details the warranty period for the range of tools and equipment covered by this Airco warranty.
SCHEDULE FOR WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR AIRCO, COLT & SENCO PRODUCTS
Warranty period, from date of purchase
Airco Pneumatic Tools
1 (one) Year
Airco Gas and Cordless Tools, including battery packs and chargers
1 (one) Year
COLT Air Compressors
1 (one) Year
SENCO XTREME PRO Pneumatic Tools
5 (five) Years
SENCO PRO Series Pneumatic Tools
1 (one) Year
SENCO Battery Hand Held Tools
2 (two) Years
SENCO Battery packs and chargers
1 (one) Year
SENCO Air Compressors
1 (one) year
9. EXTENSION TO WARRANTY PERIOD
In addition to the normal warranty period provided for our products, as detailed in the Schedule table above, from time-to-time and as advertised on marked on goods, some products are eligible for an extended warranty period. The warranty period will be extended by a period of 1 year over and above the period indicated in the Schedule table, for consumers who purchase any eligible product from Airco or from an Authorised dealer, and register the purchase of the item within 30 days of the purchase date.
The purchaser must register the eligible product online at
Confirmation is provided by the proof of registration and the original receipt, showing the date of purchase. The Extended Warranty registration process can only be completed if the purchaser consents to the data provided being stored for the purposes of administering the Extended Warranty.
Products that have already been registered and on-sold (i.e. second-hand goods) will not be covered by the Extended Warranty.